Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Obama Takes Reigns on Health Care (Sigh of Relief)



Here he comes to save the day....In preparation for the showdown with the GOP Thursday, President Obama finally did what I know I’ve been waiting on for so long now—he showed us his hand and defined “Obamacare” for the people. I can’t believe it had to come to this. We are down to the wire. I mean, I was panicking. It seemed to me like health care reform was dead. All signs pointed to failure: President Obama barely mentioned it in the State of the Union, the Dems lost the supermajority to Scott Brown, other Dems dropped out like flies..I just didn’t know if it could be done. But The President’s Proposal sends a big signal that we are not giving up on change, reform, and maybe even a bipartisan effort. Read on for a breakdown of the what I found to be the highlights of the President's Proposal and how they compare to the House and Senate bills. President Obama and company seem to have built a bridge between the House and Senate efforts and even added some stronger provisions to ensure accountability of insurance companies and protect consumers from some of their most ridiculous policies.



Sign me up. I’m happy. But is it filibuster proof? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think the key is to get the weak-willed Democrats who think they are in danger of losing their seats in the fall on board.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is now open, but we'd love it if you chose one username so other commenters can get to know you. To do this, select "Name/URL" in the "Comment as" drop down. Put the name you'd like others to see; the URL is optional.

Any profanity, bigotry, or synonyms for "[ ] sucks!" will be deleted. We welcome criticism as long as you're making a point!