Saturday, January 2, 2010

Seriously delicious vegetarian pasties from TheKitchn

I made these pasties from TheKitchn blog last night and they turned out great! Since I don't have a lot of luck with doughs, I just used some frozen puff pastry for the crusts, and watched them really carefully to make sure they didn't burn (puff pastry seems to cook faster). Way more delicious than the authentic pasties I ate in London, which always seemed to lack cheese, seasonings, and flavor. Theoretically you could fill these with anything, although meat should probably be cooked in advance. I'm freezing several for quick lunches - I'll let you know how they reheat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is now open, but we'd love it if you chose one username so other commenters can get to know you. To do this, select "Name/URL" in the "Comment as" drop down. Put the name you'd like others to see; the URL is optional.

Any profanity, bigotry, or synonyms for "[ ] sucks!" will be deleted. We welcome criticism as long as you're making a point!