Friday, May 21, 2010

Recipe Fridays: Black Bean, Rice, and Feta Salad

This is my go-to side dish recipe. I take it on picnics, to dinner parties, and make it at home to enjoy. My mom makes it a lot, but I have slightly changed her recipe to adapt to my taste. I've included what she adds in with the optional note in case you'd like to try it. I also tend to eyeball and taste-test as I go along so think of these measurements are flexible!

1-2 cups of cooked rice
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
4-5 green onions/scallions, chopped (I like scallions so I add a lot)
8 oz feta cheese, crumbled (again, I usually add more cheese)
2-3 medium/large tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup of italian dressing (I'm a fan of Newman's Own); or 1/2 cup of olive oil and vinegar
Optional: chopped celery

Mix everything together in a mixing bowl. Chill for a few hours (or you can eat at room temp if you're hungry!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is now open, but we'd love it if you chose one username so other commenters can get to know you. To do this, select "Name/URL" in the "Comment as" drop down. Put the name you'd like others to see; the URL is optional.

Any profanity, bigotry, or synonyms for "[ ] sucks!" will be deleted. We welcome criticism as long as you're making a point!