Friday, April 16, 2010

Recipe Fridays: Quick & Easy Tuna Salad

Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of life in a city I barely have time to sleep let alone cook meals. Once I realized what a drain buying lunch every single day at work was on my wallet I have been on the lookout for fast, simple, and cheap ways to bring lunches from home. My stepmom recommended this tuna salad twist--and even though I am not a fan of tuna salad, I like it. It can also make a great snack with crackers.

1-2 cans of tuna (depending on how much of this you want to make)
1-2 jalapeƱos (depending on how much spice you want)
one half - one whole small onion, yellow or red
a couple limes

-Drain the can of tuna and put it in a bowl.
-Cut up the jalapeƱos, discarding the seeds. Add to the bowl.
-Dice the onion and add to the bowl (add as much--or as little--onion per your taste)
-Cut limes in half and squeeze juice into the bowl.
-Mix everything together and refrigerate until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is now open, but we'd love it if you chose one username so other commenters can get to know you. To do this, select "Name/URL" in the "Comment as" drop down. Put the name you'd like others to see; the URL is optional.

Any profanity, bigotry, or synonyms for "[ ] sucks!" will be deleted. We welcome criticism as long as you're making a point!